Official RV rental of the Las Vegas Marathon
Para las instruciones en Español oprima aqui
The 2008 Las Vegas Marathon FAQ Sheet
- The Las Vegas Marathon:·Distance 26.2 miles · Date Sunday, December 07 , 2008
- Start Times: Marathon and half-marathon begins at approx 6:07 a.m.*. *Times are subject to change.
- Race information:· Phone: (702) 731-1052 · Fax: (702) 731-9224 · Address: 3153 E. Warm Springs Road, Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89120
- Number of years race has been held:· This is the fourth year.
- Entry deadlines and/or process: $95 until September 30, 2008 11:59 PM Pacific time. $105 until online registration closes December 2, 2008 11:59 PM Pacific Time. On-line registration for the Half Marathon is $85 until September 30, 2008 11:59 PM Pacific time, and $95 until online registration closes December 2, 2008 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Packet pickup dates/locations: All participants must pick up their timing chip, bib, T-shirt, and goodie bag at the Nissan Quality of Life Expo at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino on Friday December 5th & Saturday December 6th. The Quality of Life Expo is free.
- Expo dates/locations: The Nissan Quality of Life Expo will be held at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino on Friday, December 5th from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, December 6th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Official race T-shirt : One shirt per registrant - pick up at Nissan Quality of Life Expo only. No T-shirts or goodie bags will be mailed.
- Official Online Travel Arrangements:· Click here for special rates at the Official Hotels of the Las Vegas Marathon. For other preferred rates & reservations, please visit www.vegas.com
- Race web site address: · www.lvmarathon.com
- Online application available: You can register online with a credit card at www.lvmarathon.com. If you do not wish to register online, e-mail a request for an application with your name, address, city, zip to email@example.com Registration is now available at lvmarathon.com.
- Wheelchair/walkers permitted?Yes. Separate Wheelchair division. Racewalkers and walkers are part of the Marathon.
- Time limits to complete Marathon: None. Streets will re-open at approximately 13 minute pace per mile.
- Parking for the Nissan Quality of Life Expo & Race Day:Parking is free at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino for both the Nissan Quality of Life Expo & on Race Day. There may be a fee if you use valet parking services. More information will be included in the final race instructions given out at the Quality of Life Expo.
- Finishers' recognition: · Finishers of the Marathon receive: Medal, picture proof, and finisher's certificate.
- Average temperatures for Race Day: At 6 a.m. the average temperature is 50 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- Course description: · Course starts and finishes at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino at the south end of the world famous Strip. The first 5.5 miles is on the Strip, then the course travels directly through the exciting Fremont Street Experience. The loop course goes through Las Vegas and Clark County. For more details, please go to www.lvmarathon.com and click on Course. · Along the course participants will experience entertainment centers with musical groups performing. There will be 24 water stations and 13 Gatorade replacement fluid stations. · For a course profile, please go to www.lvmarathon.com and click on Course.
- Is the course certified? Yes. USA Track & Field has sanctioned and certified the route. It may be used as a Boston Qualifier Race.
- Course records (Open & Masters)· Race results for prior years are available at www.lvmarathon.com.
- Type of race day transportation offered? Sag Wagons for runners beginning at mile 7.
- Number of times/clocks on course: · There are clocks at every mile mark.
- Aid Stations: · 24 fully supported water stations located at each mile beginning at mile 2, as well as at the start line and post-finish area . · Gatorade Sports Drink Stations at every odd number mile starting at mile 3.
- Recommended viewing locations? Entertainment centers along the course and on television.
- Expected number of spectators: 250,000 along the course.
- Medical Support: · There will be Medical Support at the Start/Finish and 8 medical stations along the course. Medical Tents are located just beyond and to the left of the finish line. Massage tent is at the Family Reunion area.
- Awards Ceremony will be Sunday, December 7th at 9:30 a.m. in the Media Center inside Mandalay Bay
- Post-race entertainment: Finish Line Festival - all day and after the race at the parking lot outside the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
- If a participant is unable to pick up their goodie bag at the Nissan Quality of Life Expo, can someone else pick it up for them? Yes, they will need to bring the confirmation card of the participant along with a copy of the participant's photo ID and a note signed by the individual authorizing the pick up.
- Is there an early start for walkers or race walkers? Will there be corrals? · Runners who have finished a marathon in under 3 or 4 hours in the previous 24 months will be eligible for seeding in new corrals designed for our faster participants. You must show proof of completion of a sanctioned and certified marathon by providing a copy of your finisher's certificate or official results. · Please mail proof to: 3153 E. Warm Springs Road, Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89121· Your request for inclusion in these corrals must be received in our office by November 1, 2008. · The timing chip provided will time participants from the time they cross the start line to the time they cross the finish line. · Walkers are asked to start near the end of the pack to avoid being crowded or bumped.
- How do you volunteer at the Marathon? Contact (702) 731-1052 or register online at www.lvmarathon.com. Sign ups for available volunteer positions will begin in August.
- Click here for a list of official Sponsors
- Will portable bathrooms be on the course? Yes, at every mile and at the finish line.
- Will Sweat Storage be available? Yes, adjacent to the Finish Line Festival.
- Are rollerskates, inline skates, bikes or carriages of any kind allowed to participate in the Marathon?No, if you are caught on the Marathon course with any of these, you will be directed off of the route.
- Can I run the Marathon course without registering? NO...all runners without Las Vegas Marathon bibs will be directed off the course immediately.
- How do I get to the Start & Finish if I don’t have a car? Visit www.lvmarathon.com for additional information about runner drop-off, parking and other information.
- Timing Chip & Race Number:· All official entrants will receive a timing chip, along with their race bib number at the Nissan Quality of Life Expo · Failure to return the timing chip after the race will result in a $30 assessment fee
- Walkers and Slower Participants:The Las Vegas Marathon welcomes walkers and back of the pack runners. A significant number of water stations will remain open later & vans will patrol the route providing support to these participants. We also suggest that walkers and slower participants consider using a fanny pack that accommodates a water bottle. If you plan on participating at a 13 minute pace per mile or slower, please be aware that our permit dictates that the streets that comprise the Marathon route are re-opened to vehicular traffic. Street cleaning trucks precede the streets re-opening and you will be required to move to the curb lane and/or sidewalk at that time.
- There will be a $15 processing fee to switch from one event to another.